Customer Service (Online Grocery)
Halifax, NS, Canada
Got a Strong Heart & Soft Skills for Tough Customers?
Do you have the endless positive energy to do what it takes to support the complaint line for one of New York’s coolest grocery companies? This job is for folks who are both strong-hearted and naturally helpful. We’ll be frank – you need to be resilient and cheerful. If you’re the kind of person who creates positive energy in others, this is a good fit. If you are the kind of person who draws negative energy from others, this won’t be a good fit.
You’ll be the person our client’s customers call when they have a problem, but the good news is: you get to fix those problems! Our client is committed to excellent customer service and you’ll be empowered to make things right. In this job, you create positive experiences for customers who end up appreciating your work as much as they appreciate having their organic, locally-sourced kale delivered to their door. And you get to come to work at Blue Ocean – a contact center that defies everything you thought you knew about contact centers.
If you’ve got the goods, here’s the deal:
- Hours of operation: Sunday - Saturday 7:00am to 1:30am
- Starting hourly rate is $12.00/hr. Paid training provided.
- Great work space - open concept, architecturally-designed offices flooded with natural light. You'll enjoy our multiple break rooms and lounges, with internet cafes, white leather sofas, and TVs
- Loads of free parking and bus stops for major bus routes just outside our front door
- Free employee and family assistance program for legal, financial, and health support
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Bi-weekly and monthly staff events and amazing employee appreciation events twice a year
- Gym membership discounts as well as retail and professional service discounts
- Employee benefits after 90 days
You’ll answer incoming calls, emails, and web-based inquiries from customers in the New York, Connecticut, Hampton areas. This will include answering calls or emails regarding general inquiries about products and services but primarily taking care of dissatisfied customers whose groceries are delayed or not being delivered, missing items or broken items. Some outbound work may be required to support the business needs.
We're hiring a class of ten to begin training on October 18th! Apply today!
Your major responsibilities will be:
- Handle difficult customers professionally and with empathy in order to retain and repair the relationship with the customers
- Remain calm and stay cool under pressure
- Quickly and effectively assess and resolve challenging situations
- Use your great communication and customer service skills to de-escalation a challenging situation
- Effectively learn and use the software and available resources to meet the client’s needs
As a successful applicant, you:
- Are completely reliable and totally resilient. Coming to work as scheduled is the number one priority for this team. We depend on each other and we only want reliable people on our team. Workplace references who can attest to your excellent record of attendance are required.
- Have fast, friendly, efficient customer service skills with the ability to manage customer expectations, establishing credibility and build rapport with customers
- Must be able to identify with the customers’ experience of being irate, in order to handle them in a successful manner
- Experience in de-escalating an irate customer would be considered an asset
- Have a passion for resolving problems in a timely and effective manner which involves empathy, supportiveness and showing concern for the customer
- Possess a collaborative “what-ever it takes” attitude and flexible work ethic
- Possess excellent multi-tasking skills, attention to accuracy, and detail
- Have previous experience in an inbound, contact center environment
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply online at blueocean.ca/apply.
Fora preview of life at Blue Ocean, check out our Facebook page!