Do you have a keen sense of direction and an ability to offer support in times of crisis?
We need people like you who can focus on the details in high stress situations, who can make decisions quickly, and who can remain calm even in a crisis. We need people who can take the stress off our members and assure them we’re the experts – we’ve got this handled. We take care of them as if it is our own sibling, parent or neighbor on the other end of the phone. Are you the type of person who would stop to offer directions to someone who looks lost? Or carry an elderly person’s groceries to the car? You have the desire to help and lend a hand whenever possible. You genuinely care for others’ well-being – even a stranger’s.
We’re putting together a top notch team for Canada’s leader in roadside assistance. Being able to read a map is an absolute necessity to get on this team. Your job will be to serve as the point person in helping distressed Albertan motorists get their disabled vehicles back on the road or into garages for repair. You will help members who need tire changes, battery assistance, lockout assistance and/or towing. You’ll answer emergency roadside service calls – and dispatch the right resources to make sure our members get help quickly. Empathy is important, we treat our callers as if they were your family - you know how upsetting it can be to be broken down or locked out of your car. A knowledge of cars and driving experience is definitely an asset.
If you’ve got the goods– a cool head, a sharp-mind for maps, and deep sense of empathy – we want you on our team. Apply today! We're hiring a class of seven to start training on September 26th, 2017.
• Hours of operation: 7/24/365
• Have the ability to work extended hours during weather related events happening in Alberta.
• Must be available for shift work Sunday - Saturday from 9 am to 1 am
• Be available to work 37.5 hours per week
• Work shifts with varying start times during the hours of operation
Your major responsibilities will be:
• Answering emergency road-side service calls
• Empathize with members and quickly resolve challenging situations or their problems, and get them safely on their way with minimal delay
• Determine type of service and equipment needed, prioritizing service, reporting incidents to 911
• Remaining calm during emergency and high pressure situations
• Find out where motorists are stranded and map information effectively and efficiently
collect details about their disabled vehicles
• Provide customers with a superior service experience by listening carefully to them, and providing information/solutions to their concerns
• Advise motorists on how to stay safe until help arrives
• Accurately record information into computer software
• Responsible for completing and properly logging transactions and make some policy exceptions
• Fulfill customer expectations in ways that also comply with established policies and procedures
• Effectively learn and use the software and available resources to meet the members needs
As a successful applicant, you:
• Are available to work flexible hours as business needs dictate. Your friends and previous employers would describe you as totally dependable.
• Calm under pressure. Ability to learn and adapt quickly in high-pressure situations.
• Are a great communicator with excellent listening skills.
• Can deal with upset members while demonstrating patience and empathy.
• Have the ability to understand and apply best practices in problem resolution processes.
• Possess excellent multi-tasking skills while maintaining attention to accuracy and detail.
• Have superior customer service skills with the ability to manage customer expectations, establishing credibility and rapport with members.
• Have strong computer skills and map reading aptitude.
• Can handle confidential information in a professional manner.
• Have a passion for resolving problems in a timely and effective manner.
• Maintain a positive rapport in challenging situations.
• Previous experience in an inbound contact center environment an asset.
• Possess a collaborative "what-ever it takes" attitude and solid work ethic.
• Will undergo a criminal and credit record check.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply online at blueocean.ca/apply.
For a preview of life at Blue Ocean, check out our Facebook page!