Self-Reliant Customer Service Pros for Work at Home
Our team that takes care of tough customers from NYC is looking for a few extraordinary candidates to work from home. Do you have what it takes? You need to be an experienced customer service pro. You need to have above average written communication skills. You need to be resourceful and able to problem-solve not just your customers’ issues, but your own basic tech troubleshooting issues… And you need to be supremely reliable.
What kind of work will you be doing? We’ll be frank – you’ll be fielding calls on a complaint line for a leading online grocery business. You’ll be the person our client’s customers call when they have a problem, but the good news is: you get to fix those problems! Our client is committed to excellent customer service and you’ll be empowered to make things right. In this job, you create positive experiences for customers who end up appreciating your work as much as they appreciate having their organic, locally-sourced kale delivered to their door. You do need to be resilient and cheerful. If you’re the kind of person who creates positive energy in others,this is a good fit. If you are the kind of person who draws negative energy from others, this won’t be a good fit.
If you’ve got the goods, here’s the deal:
- Hours of operation: Sunday - Saturday 7:00am to 1:30am (Preference given to those candidates who can work primarily evenings and weekends)
- Starting hourly rate is $12.00/hr. Paid training provided.
- Great work space - open concept, architecturally-designed offices flooded with natural light. You'll enjoy our multiple break rooms and lounges, with internet cafes, white leather sofas, and TVs
- Loads of free parking and bus stops for major bus routes just outside our front door
- Free employee and family assistance program for legal, financial, and health support
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Bi-weekly and monthly staff events and amazing employee appreciation events twice a year
- Gym membership discounts as well as retail and professional service discounts
- Employee benefits after 90 days
You’ll answer incoming calls, emails, and web-based inquiries from customers in the New York, Connecticut, Hampton areas. This will include answering calls or emails regarding general inquiries about products and services but primarily taking care of dissatisfied customers whose groceries are delayed or not being delivered, missing items or broken items. Some outbound work may be required to support the business needs.
We're hiring a class of ten to begin training on October 18th. Apply today!
Your major responsibilities will be:
- Handle difficult customers professionally and with empathy in order to retain and repair the relationship with the customers
- Remain calm and stay cool under pressure
- Quickly and effectively assess and resolve challenging situations
- Use your great communication and customer service skills to de-escalation challenging situations
- Effectively learn and use the software and available resources to meet the client’s needs
As a successful applicant, you:
- Are completely reliable and totally resilient. Coming to work as scheduled is the number one priority for this team. We depend on each other and we only want reliable people on our team. Workplace references who can attest to your excellent record of attendance are required.
- Have fast, friendly, efficient customer service skills with the ability to manage customer expectations, establishing credibility and build rapport with customers
- Must be able to identify with the customers’ experience of being irate, in order to handle them in a successful manner
- Experience in de-escalating an irate customer would be considered an asset
- Have a passion for resolving problems in a timely and effective manner which involves empathy, supportiveness and showing concern for the customer
- Possess a collaborative “what-ever it takes” attitude and flexible work ethic
- Possess excellent multi-tasking skills, attention to accuracy, and detail
- Have previous experience in an inbound, contact center environment
Work At Home Requirements:
· Your own computer
· Citrix Receiver for Windows (v4.3)
· Windows 7, 8 or 10
· Available USB port (to plug in the headset we provide you)
· HTML5 Capable Browser – Google Chrome 43 and higher or Internet Explorer 11
· A webcam
· We recommend using two monitors
· Hardwired connection (no Wi-Fi)
· Minimum 30mbps download speed
· Minimum 15mbps upload speed.
Training will take place in our Halifax office for ten days of classroom training followed by four weeks of production floor experience. Work At Home agents will also be required to work one shift per month from the contact center for coaching purposes.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply online at blueocean.ca/apply.
Fora preview of life at Blue Ocean, check out our Facebook page!