Join our new tech support team and get in on the ground floor of an exciting product launch! Our client is a leader in high-quality software security products who operates at the cutting edge of technology. For years, they’ve been protecting businesses worldwide against complex threats, viruses, and spam. Now they’re moving into personal-use computer protection as well. You'll be offering frontline support from our call center environment to their personal-use customers while interfacing with support engineers.
You’ll be adding valuable real-world experience to your education and natural aptitudes - we’re even offering financial support for A+ Certification to our team members. As we expand this new Blue Ocean project, there'll be room to grow your own career on the team.
This frontline technical role involves troubleshooting and configuring Windows PC and MAC systems to ensure successful installation and uninstallation of software, managing software licensing, and monitoring/escalating application issues as needed. If you have a strong technical aptitude, enjoy problem-solving, researching issues and figuring out “How-To,” and can think of creative and innovative solutions, this could be the position for you!
Along with your technical skills, you have exceptional communication skills. You know the right questions to ask to best determine a solution to a customer’s needs and can effectively walk them through steps while sharing and explaining product features and functionality. Conversing professionally through email, multiple chats, and over the phone comes naturally to you. (You may even be asked to write knowledge base articles!) You describe yourself as extremely patient and are comfortable working with a range of customers from the average not-too-tech-savvy computer-owner to a field engineer for a global company.
We’re hiring a class of six to begin on November 3! Act fast.
- Full-time, year-round position scheduled for 37.5 hours per week
- Must be available for shift work between Monday - Friday from 9 am to 9 pm
- Work shifts with varying start times during the hours of operation
- Starting rate of pay is $14.00/hr
- A+ Certification fees will be paid by Blue Ocean
Your major responsibilities:
- Provide customers with a superior customer service experience through email, chat, and phone support.
- Develop a deep understanding of the product to provide technical assistance to customers.
- Research questions utilizing appropriate resources.
- Fulfill customer requirements utilizing processes and procedures. This will require flexibility to adapt to changing processes and procedures as they develop. A new client and a new product launch means lots of changes.
- Problem-solve to find the right solution for the customer and to create a positive interaction with users.
As a successful applicant, you likely have some level of college, university or technical school/community college education with a technology focus or a combination of work and education experience at the enterprise level in a technical support role.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Experience with Windows PC and MAC desktop support, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols (DNS, HTTPS, HTTP)
- Great multi-tasking skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Natural empathy and patience combined with strong customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail to track and follow-up on issues, risks and status and the ability to follow procedures accurately.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- A team-player approach and be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced technical environment where product support involves frequent product releases, regular maintenance updates, and policy and procedure changes.
- Experience editing/viewing/monitoring/analyzing registries, events, processes, logs.
- Knowledge of anti-virus, malware software is considered an asset but not required. Training provided.
- Technical aptitude and the capacity to learn on the fly – you can learn technical applications quickly to keep up with the ongoing project training.
What’s great about working with Blue Ocean?
- Employee benefits after three months
- Free Employee Family Assistance Program – Starts Day 1
- Two Weeks Paid Vacation
- Great work space; bright, open concept, architecturally designed office space with multiple break rooms equipped with white leather sofas, internet café, and TVs
- Free Covered Parking & On Major Bus Routes
- Service Recognition Program
- Career Advancement Opportunities within Blue Ocean
- Paid Training at Full Rate
- World Class Clients
- Semi-Annual Employee Appreciation Events
- Bi-Weekly & Monthly Staff Events – Treat day, Birthday Celebrations
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Subsidized Coffee Program
To apply for this, or any other position, please fill out an application form online at www.blueocean.ca/apply
Preview life at Blue Ocean through our Facebook page!