Bilingual Seasonal Customer Service $14.50 / hr
Halifax, NS, Canada
We are hiring bilingual (French-English) agents for full-time seasonal positions. The expected duration of the season is eight months, but there is the possibility that the opportunity for work will extend beyond that! In this full-time job, you’ll work four to six 8-hour shifts per week – your shifts will include some weekends and some nights up to 1 am. Training for these positions start on Monday, April 9, 2018.
This team supports a leading manufacturer of barbecues and pressure washers that are sold across Canada at Canadian Tire stores. As the weather across the country warms up, our team heats up! If you love the words “Some Assembly Required,” you just might be right for this job, so read on!
You’ll provide after-sale customer support and light troubleshooting on inquiries related to warranty and assembly. You will need great customer service skills combined with a brain that enjoys putting things together. If you’re really patient with people and have a knack for easing someone’s frustration when assembly isn’t going so smoothly – this could be a good fit for you. To be successful, you’ll need to be an above average communicator and have a strong ability to understand and interpret instructions. When it comes to helping customers figure out whether they are covered under warranty or not, you’ll need to be comfortable letting someone down gently - but firmly.
Here’s the deal:
- It’s a full-time job
- You’ll be scheduled 8-hour shifts, Monday to Sunday including weekends
- This is a seasonal position from March to October with the possibility of extension or transfer to one of our year-round positions.
- Starting hourly rate $14.50/hr for bilingual French and English
- You need able to attend classroom (paid) training
At Blue Ocean, we offer:
- Great work space. We have open concept, architecturally-designed offices flooded with natural light
- Multiple break rooms and lounges, with internet cafés, white leather sofas, & TVs
- Loads of free parking and bus stops for major bus routes just outside our front door
- Free employee and family assistance program for legal, financial, and health support
- Bi-weekly and monthly staff events and amazing employee appreciation events twice a year
- Gym membership discounts as well as retail and professional service discounts
- Employee benefits after 90 days
Your major responsibilities will be:
- Providing telephone and e-mail support to our client’s customers in both English and French
- Quickly and effectively assessing and resolving challenging situations while following guidelines and standard procedures. (You have to be able to master customer support software programs and tools to do this.)
- Providing a great customer experience. (You need to listen effectively, communicate clearly, display empathy, and work fast to help them solve their problem and get on with their day.)
- Performing other duties or tasks as assigned to support the needs of the team/company
As a successful applicant, you:
- Are reliable to your core. Your friends and previous employers would describe you as totally dependable.
- Are a great communicator with excellent listening skills. If you are applying for a bilingual position, your English and your second language are both strong.
- Can deal with upset customers while demonstrating patience and empathy. You have the ability to manage customer expectations while establishing credibility and rapport with customers.
- Possess a collaborative "what-ever it takes" attitude and solid work ethic.
- Have strong computer skills. Using email and the Internet come as naturally as breathing to you. (Your skill and accuracy testing will be administered at the time of the in-person interview.)
- Can handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Possess excellent multi-tasking skills while maintaining attention to accuracy and detail.
- Can pass a criminal record check.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply online at blueocean.ca/apply.
For a preview of life at Blue Ocean, check out our Facebook page!