Customer Service (Online Grocery) $13.00/hr
Halifax, NS, Canada
Got a Strong Heart & Soft Skills for Tough Customers?
Do you want to help customers for one of New York’s coolest grocery companies? This job is for folks who are both strong-hearted and naturally helpful. We’ll be frank – you need to be resilient and cheerful with their customers. Our client is committed to excellent customer service and you’ll be empowered to make things right. You are the "fixer", you solve their problems!
You’ll answer incoming calls, emails, and web-based inquiries regarding the products and services and you will also be taking care of dissatisfied customers whose groceries are delayed or not being delivered and missing items or broken items. In this positon, you create positive experiences for customers who end up appreciating your work as much as they appreciate having their organic, locally-sourced kale delivered to their door. And you get to come to work at Blue Ocean – a contact center that defies everything you thought you knew about contact centers.
If you’ve got the goods, here’s the deal:
- Fulltime, 75 hours bi weekly
- Must be available for work from Sunday to Saturday, between 7:00am and 1:30am (varying start times during these hours)
- Starting hourly rate is $13.00/hr
- Paid training provided
We're hiring a class of 8 to begin training on June 6, 2018! Apply today!
At Blue Ocean, we offer:
- Great work space - open concept, architecturally-designed offices flooded with natural light. You'll enjoy our multiple break rooms and lounges, with internet cafes, white leather sofas, and TVs
- Loads of free parking and bus stops for major bus routes just outside our front door
- Free employee and family assistance program for legal, financial, and health support
- Bi-weekly and monthly staff events and amazing employee appreciation events twice a year
- Gym membership discounts as well as retail and professional service discounts
- Employee benefits after 90 days
Your major responsibilities will be:
- Handle difficult customers professionally and with empathy in order to retain and repair the relationship with the customers
- Remain calm and stay cool under pressure
- Quickly and effectively assess and resolve challenging situations
As a successful applicant, you:
- Are completely reliable and totally resilient. Coming to work as scheduled is the number one priority for this team.
- Have fast, friendly, efficient customer service skills with the ability to manage customer expectations, establishing credibility and build rapport with customers
- Experience in de-escalating an irate customer would be considered an asset
- Have a passion for resolving problems in a timely and effective manner which involves empathy, supportiveness and showing concern for the customer
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply online at blueocean.ca/apply.
Fora preview of life at Blue Ocean, check out our Facebook page!