Bilingual Customer Service (Tourism Reservations) $15.50/hr
Halifax, NS, Canada
Spring has arrived. (Sort of. At least on the calendar…) And this means it’s time for our client’s customers to start booking their trips and vacations! If your friends affectionately refer to you as their travel agent and everyone counts on you to plan their vacation agenda (spreadsheet and all) - this could be the job for you!
Our bilingual reservation agents provide support to travelers booking trips to and from Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick, and Maine using out network of ferry boats. We’re seeking friendly, efficient, travel-savvy people to accurately process reservations to visit the Atlantic Provinces and the state of Maine. We’re conducting multiple training classes to begin over the next few weeks - so act fast and apply today!
- We're hiring a training class to begin May 29,2018. This is a seasonal position that ends in the fall – possibly as late as mid-October.
- Possibility of extension or transfer to one of our year-round positions.
- Full-time position (75.0 hours bi weekly)
- Rotating shifts between 8:00 am – 11:00 pm, Monday to Sunday.
- Starting wage rate is $15.50/hr.
At Blue Ocean, we offer:
- Great work space. We have open concept, architecturally-designed offices flooded with natural light
- You'll enjoy our multiple break rooms and lounges, with internet cafés, white leather sofas, & TVs
- Loads of free parking and bus stops for major bus routes just outside our front door
- Free employee and family assistance program for legal, financial, and health support
- Bi-weekly and monthly staff events and amazing employee appreciation events twice a year
- Gym membership discounts as well as retail and professional service discounts
What You’ll Do:
- Provide telephone and e-mail support for a broad range of customers in both English and French.
- Provide customers with a great service experience by listening carefully to them and providing information/solutions to their concerns
- Follow policies and procedure accurately (while still providing a great service experience! Like patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time.)
What You Bring to the Job:
- Total reliability. Your friends and previous employers would describe you as totally dependable.
- Great customer service skills with the ability to manage customer expectations, establishing credibility and rapport with customers while demonstrating patience and empathy.
- Strong computer skills. Using email and the Internet are like breathing to you. (Your skill and accuracy testing will be administered at the time of the in person interview.)
*You also have to be able to pass a criminal record check.
If you have what it takes, apply online now www.blueocean.ca/apply
For a preview of life at Blue Ocean, checkout our Facebook page!