French Language Skills and Technical Aptitude? We have a job for you!
We are hiring one Bilingual agent (French and English) to work full time shifts from Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:00 am and 9:00 pm. As an Entry Level Tech Support agent at Blue Ocean Contact Centers, you will be troubleshooting technical issues and providing exceptional customer service for our client. Our client is a global leader in the IT niche, interactive whiteboard technology. Training for this position starts January, 2019.
We’re looking for a tech/customer support wizard who is equally comfortable working in French and English to join our amazing team of multilingual, multicultural tech support pros. If you’ve got the language skills and the technical aptitude and are keen to learn - this is a great opportunity. You’ll enjoy working in a hands-on tech lab environment doing meaningful work supporting end-users in the education field.
If you’re an outgoing, positive people-person who thrives on being part of a high-performance team, and who gets a rush from finding solutions to complex problems, apply today!
Here’s the deal:
- It’s a full-time job
- You’ll be scheduled 8-hour shifts, Monday to Friday
- Starting hourly rate $17.00
- You need able to attend classroom (paid) training for three weeks
At Blue Ocean, we offer:
- Beautiful office space with loads of natural light, multiple break rooms, internet and TVs.
- Free employee and family assistance program for legal, financial, and health advice.
- Employee appreciation events, treat days, and an amazing coffee program, ask us about them!
- Health, dental, & vision benefits.
Your major responsibilities will be:
- Provide customers with a fast, efficient, friendly customer service experience, through phone, email, and/ or live chat utilizing established processes and procedures
- Accurately diagnose issues and advise customers with respect to hardware, software and general customer service support solutions
- Install and uninstall basic software. Verify proper hardware and software set-ups
- Problem-solve to find the right solution for the customer; create a positive interaction with every customer
As a successful applicant, you:
- Are reliable to your core. Your friends and previous employers would describe you as totally dependable
- Have a combination of work experience and/or education from college, university or technical school/community
- Experience of 1 to 2 years in a technical customer support role would be an asset
- Good working knowledge of computer set-up configuration (PC), plus working knowledge of software, hardware, PC, Mac, Windows. Ability to navigate application menus.
- Are a natural multitasker and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Are happy to follow procedures accurately
- Are empathetic and extremely patient
As a bilingual agent, you have written comprehension, written expression, and oral proficiency in both official languages.
Bilingual English and French agents handle sensitive situations where the understanding and expression of subtle, abstract, or complicated ideas is required. You will be discussing a wide variety of topics related to our client’s business in both languages in formal and informal situations.
Your strong pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, and spelling allow you to support ideas, write explanations, and present thoughts concisely with tone and clarity appropriate to business situations.
These positions will interest people who:
- Are motivated to participate as part of a team
- Interested in enhancing their knowledge and skills
- Able to maintain excellent attendance
- Committed to quality and service
- Love hands on troubleshooting and helping others
To apply for this, or any other position, please fill out an application form online at
For a preview of life at Blue Ocean, check us out on Facebook!