Bilingual Claims Inquiry (Insurance) $17.00/hr (Bathurst)
Bathurst, NB, Canada
Are you looking for a full-time office job that provides you with challenging, meaningful work? We’re hiring for our team of experts supporting the world-leader in travel insurance.
As a member of this team, you'll be explaining complex insurance products, policies, and processes to Canadian travelers who have experienced trouble while outside their home province – that could range from a simple trip cancellation to a medical emergency.
In this job, it’s important that you are very organized and detail-oriented to ensure you’re always providing accurate information. You will be delivering both good and bad news to customers depending on the situation (and their policy) so you need to be both firm and caring in your communication style. Your goal will be to put customers at ease, find a solution to their questions, and make sure that, when all is said and done, they’re satisfied with the service you provided, even if they didn’t like the answer they got.
We’re hiring a class of eight to begin on January 14, 2019. Apply today!
If you’ve got the goods, here’s the deal:
- Bilingual starting wage rate is $17.00/hr.
- This is a full-time, year-round position. You must be available to work 37.5 hours per week.
- You’ll be scheduled for eight-hour shifts. The hours of operation for the program are Monday – Friday, 9am to 9pm.
- You’ll be paid for training – it’s full-time, from nine to five, Monday to Friday. (when you graduate from training, your shifts will have varying start times during the hours of operation.)
- You need to be able to successfully complete criminal record check
What we offer:
- Free employee and family assistance program for legal, financial, and health support.
- Bi-weekly and monthly staff events and seasonal employee appreciation events.
- Employee benefits, which include health, dental and vision.
What you’ll do:
- Empathize with customers and confidently address their questions and concerns
- Remain calm during heated and high-pressure situations
- Provide customers with a superior service experience by listening carefully to them and making good decisions to assist them effectively
- Accurately record information into computer software
- Follow strict procedures for completing and logging transactions while complying with established policies and procedures.
What you’ll likely have:
- Fluency in English and French. You have written comprehension, written expression, and oral proficiency in both official languages.
- Ability to be calm under pressure, your friends and previous employers would describe you as totally dependable.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- A strong ability to learn and adapt quickly in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to deal with upset customers while demonstrating patience and empathy.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills while maintaining attention to accuracy and detail.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to manage customer expectations, establishing credibility and rapport with customers.
- Confident computer skills; excellent web navigation. and research capabilities.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- You possess a collaborative "what-ever it takes" attitude and solid work ethic.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply online at blueocean.ca/apply.
For a preview of life at Blue Ocean, check out our Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/BlueOceanContactCenters