Bilingual (French-English) Customer Support Agents $20.00/hr
Halifax, NS, Canada
Are you ready to launch your career in office admin or insurance while helping fellow Canadians in tough situations? In this contact center position, you’ll gain valuable experience helping Canadian travelers who have run into issues from something as serious as illness or injury to something as mundane as the headache of lost baggage. If you’re able to keep your cool when things get stressful and you thrive on helping people, you might be a great fit for this full-time permanent position.
Paid training class for this position is starting on January 16, 2019.
Here’s the deal:
- We’re growing with our client! We’ve got 14 new agent jobs to fill.
- You’ll be working on behalf of the world leader in travel insurance.
- The program is staffed from 8 am to midnight seven days a week – so evening and weekends will be a part of the regular shift rotation. (You’ll work 37.5 hours per week.)
- Starting bilingual (French-English) hourly rate $20.00
- Your paid training lasts four weeks.
At Blue Ocean, we offer:
- Health, dental, & vision benefits.
- Beautiful office space with loads of natural light.
- Free employee and family assistance program for legal, financial, and health support.
- Discount programs from gym memberships to Costco memberships.
- Employee appreciation events, treat days, and an amazing coffee program, ask us about them!
What you'll do:
- Explain complex insurance products, policies, and processes and help your customer walk through the next steps.
- Accurately record and document confidential information. Managing documentation carefully is a critical part of the job.
- Quickly and effectively assess and resolve challenging situations.
- Fulfill customer expectations in ways that also comply with established policies and procedures.
What you'll likely have:
- The ability to support others through emotional circumstances including medical crisis or death in the family. These calls can be tough – you are supporting people in serious situations.
- The ability to follow process quickly and accurately while making good decisions.
- Strong computer skills and even stronger communication skills.
- Professionalism and personal accountability. We want people who take themselves and their responsibilities seriously.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply online at blueocean.ca/apply.
For a preview of life at Blue Ocean, check out our Facebook page!