Case Management Agents $16.00/hour
Halifax, NS, Canada
We’re looking for smart, capable people with experience in complex customer care, insurance, and/or medical admin for our Case Management positions. In this job, you’ll be responsible for the overall investigation of individual insurance claim cases and you’ll be authorized to make decisions within your approved level. You’ll be delivering both good news and difficult news to people who are experiencing or have experienced a medical crisis while travelling. And you’ll be working directly with health care providers and hospital administrators. It’s not easy and it’s not for everyone – you have to be comfortable making tough decisions - but this position is incredibly rewarding and will enhance your résumé.
The paid training class starts on January 22, 2019.
Here’s the deal:
- You’ll be working on behalf of the world leader in travel insurance.
- The program is staffed from 8 am to midnight, seven days a week – so evening and weekends will be a part of the regular shift rotation.
- Starting hourly rate $16.00
- Your paid training lasts four weeks.
- If you have studied office administration or medical office administration in college – this is a great job in your field that can enhance your career.
At Blue Ocean, we offer:
- Health, dental, & vision benefits.
- Beautiful office space with loads of natural light.
- Free employee and family assistance program for legal, financial, and health support.
- Discount programs from gym memberships to Costco memberships.
- Employee appreciation events, treat days, and an amazing coffee program, ask us about them!
Your major responsibilities will be:
- Review client’s policies and investigate the case file to determine the best course of action.
- Monitor hospitalized patient’s and/or outpatient’s care, updating notes and keeping records including Medical Consultant’s or Registered Nurse’s assessment of medical information.
- Provide approvals for defined procedures and act as the liaison with medical team and patient and/or family regarding benefit information and other critical/logistical info.
- Investigate and coordinate coverage under additional policies such as Provincial Health or Extended Health plans.
- Make billing arrangements and obtain updated bill amounts.
- Provide administrative/logistical maintenance of case requirements.
As a successful applicant you:
- Have some post-secondary education. Experience in a similar role is also helpful.
- Possess sound judgement and good decision-making skills.
- Have excellent attention to detail even when multi-tasking.
- Have excellent communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate professionally via phone with clients and colleagues.
- Can demonstrate empathy while saying “no.” That’s a big part of this job.
- Possess a high level of personal accountability.
- Are knowledgeable about world geography and current events.
- May have a familiarity with medical terminology.
- Have strong computer skills.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply online at blueocean.ca/apply.
Visit Us on Facebook for a Look at Blue Ocean Life. http://www.facebook.com/BlueOceanContactCenters