Entry Level Tech Support (Data Intelligence) $14.00/hrHalifax, NS, Canada
We’re looking for tech-minded problem solvers who don’t back down from a challenge!
Our client is a leader in big-data mining, and as part of our tech support team you’ll work directly with their customers. This is a dynamic role that requires flawless multitasking as you interface with support engineers and customers to troubleshoot and resolve basic tech support issues.
How do you know you’re the right fit? First of all, your comfort zone is the unknown: new, unique errors don’t scare you – they speak to you! You love the thrill of working through a problem and ironing out all the technical kinks. Not only that, you thrive on showing others “how-to” and love the satisfaction of knowing you’ve helped someone solve their problem.
We're hiring a class of four to begin training on November 27, 2019.
Here’s the deal:
- Full-time, year-round position.
- Rotating shifts falling between 7:00 am and 11:00 pm, Sunday to Saturday. Your shift rotation will include nights and weekends. Ask our recruiters about the details and typical schedules.
- Starting hourly rate is $14.00.
- Paid training provided.
- Bonus: you’ll have the ability to complete thousands of dollars of courses for free! Talk about a résumé boost!
What we offer:
- Free employee and family assistance program for legal, financial, and health support.
- Health, dental, & vision benefits.
- Beautiful office space with loads of natural light, multiple break rooms, internet and TVs.
- Employee appreciation events, treat days, and an amazing coffee program, ask us about them!
What you'll do:
- Provide excellent phone and email tech support to enterprise-level customers needing assistance with their data mining accounts.
- Reach out to customers regarding upgrades.
- Work diligently through cases and recognize when to hand off to a technical engineer if you can’t resolve the issue.
- Stick to established processes and procedures (as you use your mad problem-solving skills!)
What you'll likely have:
- Some level of college, university or technical school/community college education with a technology focus or a combination of work and education experience.
- Exceptional communication skills - walking others through steps and sharing and explaining product features and functionality is your forte.
- Technical aptitude combined with an interest in enhancing your technological knowledge and skills.
- Ability to shift gears and focus on new problems quickly combined with strong process-oriented skills for troubleshooting and problem solving.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply online at blueocean.ca/apply.
For a preview of life at Blue Ocean, check out our Facebook page!