Instructional Design Specialist (Salaried Position)Halifax, NS, Canada
Note: These will be work-at-home positions until the COVID-19
situation is resolved. When life returns to normal, these jobs will be
office-based. In order to work from home, you will need hardwired internet with
at least 30mbps download and 10mbps upload speed.We’re looking for a
tech-loving self-starter with experience in Instructional Design
looking for a tech-loving self-starter with experience in Instructional Design
data. Big Tech. Instructional Design. Have you been looking for the job that
brings those passions together? We might just be looking for you!
Our client is a world
leader in machine generated data, used by 93 Fortune 100 companies, and we’re
hiring an Instructional Design Specialist to support both internal and client
teams with innovative, outcome-based training. You’ll need to become a subject
matter expert, so an interest in tech and an aptitude for understanding data is
a must. You’re creative, flexible, and seriously passionate about learning.
You’ve got the experience and skills to create, customize, and adapt content to
suit a variety of learning needs – online, virtual, self-paced training is all
in your wheelhouse. You understand current best practices and methodology in
training design, and you’ve got experience with industry standard software.
Sound like you?
Here's the Deal:
(40 hours/week) with 8-hour shifts between 9:00 am and 9:00 pm, Monday to
salary of $38,000 (that's about $19.50/hour) plus option for RSP matching, family health benefits, 3
weeks paid vacation
receive a laptop and monitors to be able to work from home
you’ll have the ability to complete thousands of dollars of courses for
free! Talk about a résumé boost!
What We Offer
- Totally remote hiring and training process – plus we can set you
up to work from home
- Employee Benefits, including health, dental, and life insurance
- Free employee and family assistance program for legal, financial,
and health support
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Client processes, products,
and team culture
- Create engaging web-based training, including but not limited to, Screen Interactions, Animations, and Videos
- Create supporting material and media such as participant guides,
simulations, games, and role play scenarios
- Develop criteria to assess learner performance
- Create fair and effective assessment methods to foster learner
development, including knowledge checks/quizzes embedded into training
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in Instructional Design
- Previous experience in Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline software a
- Understanding of Successive Approximation Model (SAM)
- Ability to stay focused in a highly independent role and consistently
deliver materials on deadline
- Ability to multi-task and maintain work on several projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in being considered for this position,
please apply online at blueocean.ca/apply.
a preview of life at Blue Ocean, check out our Facebook page!