Entry Level Tech Support $15.00/hrHalifax, NS, Canada
Note: These will be work-at-home positions
until the COVID-19 situation is resolved. When life returns to normal, these
jobs will be office-based. In order to work from home, you will need hardwired
internet with at least 30mbps download and 15mbps upload speed.
Got the brain for tech and a passion for
helping others? We’ve got the job for you!
Looking to jump start your tech career?
Work with a global leader in interactive whiteboard technology and gain
valuable experience in tech environment. Our client’s users are primarily in
the education field (teachers and IT professionals) as well as some corporate
customers. As an Entry Level Tech Support Agent, you’ll provide top of the line
support to help educators deliver a dynamic classroom experience.
To succeed in this role, you not only need
solid tech skills, but the patience and understanding to help non-tech minded
customers troubleshoot and resolve their problems. If you’re the go-to when
your friends and family need computer help you could be a great fit for our
team! You bring the tech skills and we’ll provide three weeks of paid,
product-specific training to give you the expertise you need to shine. Oh, and
did we mention this is a Monday to Friday gig? How sweet is that?!
Here’s the Deal:
- This is a permanent, full-time position. You will work between
30-45 hours/week, depending on the time of year and our busy season
- Hours of operation are between 9:00am and 9:00pm, Monday to Friday
- Starting hourly rate is $15.00
- Hiring 3 tech agents to begin virtual training August 14, 2020 – we’ll
provide the equipment!
What we offer:
- Totally remote hiring and training process- plus we can set you up to work from home
- Employee Benefits, including health, dental, and life insurance
- Free employee & family assistance program for legal, financial, and health support
What you’ll do:
- Provide customers with excellent customer service and tech
support, through phone, email, and/or live chat
- Accurately diagnose issues and advise customers with respect to hardware,
software and product information
- Adapt your approach for technical support based on the user’s knowledge.
That means you might be supporting someone with limited tech skills or you
might be talking to an IT administrator who is an expert in the field
What you likely have:
- Education from university or community college in computer science
or IT, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of computer set-up configuration (PC), software, hardware, PC,
- Ability to resolve problems; from beginning to end
- Empathy, extreme patience, and excellent writing skills
a preview of life at Blue Ocean, check out our Facebook page!