Content Review Agent $14.00/hr (Temporary Position)Halifax, NS, Canada
Note: These will be work-at-home positions until the COVID-19 situation is resolved. When life returns to normal, these jobs will be office-based. In order to work from home, you will need hardwired internet with at least 30mbps download and 15mbps upload speed.
Do you spend too much time scrolling
through celeb stories on Insta? do you know exactly which celebs got together
(or split up) during quarantine? If you said yes to both, you might be a good
candidate for this unique position at Blue Ocean. As a content review agent,
you’ll be the gatekeeper for the world’s most advanced discovery platform
serving content to over a billion users every month.
To be good at this job, you need to be
current on world events and pop culture to quickly discern fact from fiction.
You also need to be totally cool with the occasional NSFW content crossing your
desk because part of your role is to reject that stuff from ever making it on
the network. This job is also about productivity and accuracy. To be
successful, you’ll be self-motivated to hit productivity targets while striving
to have the lowest error rate on the team. In other words, if you’re a high
performing social media-pop culture-political news fan with sound judgment,
we’ve got a job for you!
- It’s a temporary job until December
31, 2020 (may lead to a permanent position)
- We’re hiring four candidates to work
Monday to Friday, 2pm – 10pm and one candidate to work Tuesday to Saturday,
8am – 4pm. You’ll discuss your preference with one of our recruiters!
- Starting hourly rate $14.00
- You need able to attend classroom
(paid) training for two weeks
- The position starts on September 29,
What We Offer:
- Totally remote hiring and training process- plus we can set you up to work from home
- Employee Benefits, including health, dental, and life insurance
- Free employee & family assistance program for legal, financial, and health support
responsibilities will be:
- Review online content and classify it quickly and accurately based
on policy and judgment. You’ll review headlines, images, and landing pages
from marketers seeking to have their content published on our client’s
- Use various tools to identify and document non-compliance issues
- Provide suggestions to improve the process and workflows
- Communicate urgent issues internally and externally
- Maintain knowledge of policy and trends
successful applicant, you are:
- Reliable to your core – you are
currently meeting or exceeding performance standards in your current
- Comfortable doing repetitive tasks. While you’re happy to follow procedures
accurately, you’re also adaptable to change (new content, changing policies.)
- Highly proficient in the English
language – bad grammar and poor punctuation are your pet peeves!
- Keenly interested in and up to date
on pop culture and you’re undoubtedly active on multiple social media
platforms. (Social media work experience
is considered an asset.)
- Are comfortable dealing with
inappropriate content including NSFW images. You will be the gatekeeper
who prevents this kind of material from making it to our client’s online
- Have strong computer skills and can
comfortably use multiple tools and browsers at one time.
For a preview of life at Blue Ocean,
check out our Facebook page!