Bilingual Travel Insurance Support $17.00/hr (Work-at-Home Option)
Supporting Canadian Travellers in Crisis
Travel is back, baby. And our team of
customer care pros are the frontline when things go wrong. If you’ve got a strong
sense of the world of travel and you are the friend everyone calls in a crisis,
you might have the skills to make this team. Our people are level-headed and
cool no matter what the situation. They are organized, capable, and have a deep
desire to help. If that sounds like you apply today. Bilingual positions start
at $17 an hour.
Our client is a leader in the
insurance industry, and you’ll be handling complex insurance products,
policies, and processes. We’ll be honest with you: the work can be tough. You’ll
be the lifeline for travelers in highly stressful situations from unexpected
cancellations to people experiencing a medical emergency while travelling.
You’ve got to stay calm and professional as you walk people through the next
steps and help them navigate their coverage.
Here’s the deal
- This is a full time, permanent position starting
August 4, 2021
- Starting bilingual (French and English) wage is
$17.00 per hour
- If you’d like to to work from home, you will
need hardwired internet with at least 30mbps download and 15mbps upload speed.
- Option to work in either the Halifax or Bathurst
office permanently can be supported too!
- Must be available to work an average of 40 hours
- Rotating 8-hour shifts will fall between 7:00 am
and 1:00 am, Sunday through Saturday and will include some weekends
- If you're in the Bathurst area you can apply
below at the link and/or bring your resume to our office and ask for Tammy!
What we offer
- Free employee and family assistance program for
legal, financial, and health support
- Employee Benefits, including health, dental, and
- RSP matching option
- Totally remote hiring process and paid training
What you'll do
- Handle inbound calls to help customers navigate
and interpret insurance policies from extended warranties to medical coverage
- Create excellent customer experiences and embody
our client’s “culture of caring” by listening carefully and leveraging your
expertise to help customers to the best of your ability
- Follow strict procedures for completing and
- Be diplomatic and establish credibility and
rapport with our customers
What you'll likely have
- Experience travelling and/or working in the
insurance or healthcare industries
- No fear of the unknown; the fact that no two
calls are the same is exciting to you
- Bilingual (French and English) customer service
experience that allows you to remain calm and cool even in the toughest
situations - nothing can throw you off your game
- Attention to detail: you thrive on organization,
and you’re diligent about fact checking
Our intention is
to be an actively anti-racist organization and our goal is to provide a work
environment that creates a sense of belonging for all people no matter their
race, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or family status. If that
doesn’t align with who you are, we encourage you to look elsewhere for work.
For a preview of
life at Blue Ocean, check out our Facebook page!