Talent Acquisition Specialist - Salaried Halifax, NS, Canada
Looking to launch or lift your HR career? Want to work for a locally headquartered company that supports a roster of world-class clients? We have a rare opening on our Talent Acquisition team, and this could be the gem of a job you’ve been waiting for!
Our Talent Acquisition Specialists manage the internal and external hiring for positions that range from frontline agent to specialized roles to functional area leadership. You need to basically be the friendliest detective – keeping conversations flowing easily while uncovering the info you need to know for hiring decisions. The team vibe is collaborative, supportive, and focused. The pressure is always high, and we thrive on it!
If you are up for the challenge, apply soon!
Here’s the Deal:
- Full-time, permanent salaried position starting Early to Mid October
- Family health, dental, life insurance, and vision benefits at 30 days
- Group RSP with optional matching contribution program
- Free employee and family assistance program for legal, financial, and health support
- We’ll set you up to work from home but being in office in Halifax may be required in the future.
What You’ll Do:
- Assess candidates’ suitability for a wide range of jobs though résumé screening, conducting effective interviews, administering (and scoring) skill and language testing.
- Effectively represent our company, employee experience, and our culture so that qualified candidates can assess their suitability for Blue Ocean and would choose Blue Ocean over a comparable position with a competitor when the fit and compensation are right for them.
- Deliver job offers, rejections and actionable feedback to both internal and external candidates.
- Support continual improvement of recruiting processes and procedures as an active, collaborative member of the Talent Acquisition team.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders to support operations and functional area requirements.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Effective communication skills and ability to build connections, interview, and assess candidate aptitudes in both languages.
- Entry-level experience and/or education in HR and/or talent acquisition or related field. Contact center experience is an asset.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively manage challenging conversations regarding salary, expectations, etc. while creating a positive experience for the candidate.
- Proven time management and decision-making skills with the ability to pivot, prioritize, and manage competing hiring requests.
- A process-driven approach. Every day on this job involves repetitive tasks, process management, and detailed documentation.
Our intention is to be an actively anti-racist organization that provides a sense belonging for all people regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or family status. If that doesn’t align with who you are, we encourage you to look elsewhere for work.